Hello and Welcome to Be the Manager - The Premier ESMS play by email football game . You need to login to view the forums, if you are not a member please register

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and Welcome to Be the Manager - The Premier ESMS play by email football game . You need to login to view the forums, if you are not a member please register

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News

Latest topics

» Very Important Please Read
F.A Cup Round 1 Draw EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:31 pm by Jamstar

» New Season
F.A Cup Round 1 Draw EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 7:42 am by Adam193

» FA Cup Final Reports
F.A Cup Round 1 Draw EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:41 am by lewney1

» Play Off Final Report
F.A Cup Round 1 Draw EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:47 am by lewney1

» Round 18 Reports
F.A Cup Round 1 Draw EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:47 am by Todd Fortune

» Round 18 Reports
F.A Cup Round 1 Draw EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 5:34 am by lewney1

» Play Off Final Build Up
F.A Cup Round 1 Draw EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:46 pm by Adam193

» FA Cup Final!
F.A Cup Round 1 Draw EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:45 pm by Adam193

» Round 18 Build Up
F.A Cup Round 1 Draw EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:43 am by Jamstar

Navigation

Very Important Please Read

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:52 pm by 1pswich

Over the past few day's and week, myself and Adam have been discussing the future of Be the Manager as a forum, last season we unfortunalty saw very low activity which of course was of huge dissapointment to those who have worked so hard to make Be the Manager a success, we saw low transfer market activites all round, and also low posting from the majority of members with a few minority working …

[ Full reading ]
New Season

Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:30 pm by Adam193

To start the new season off I would like to know which teams I am using for the season so if you just say if you want to stay on at your current club then post here saying you want to stay and if not then say so

I will update this when I get told

Adam King (Manchester City)
Jamal Claxton (Chelsea)
Kelsey Barkworth (Arsenal)
Derek Purvis (Tottenham)
Lewis Miller (Burnley)
Jason Fortune …

[ Full reading ]
Changes to Be the Manager

Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:21 pm by 1pswich

Changes to Be the Manager in FULL

- New skin (Background) The most obvious of the new changes and something which may take some time to get used to. The light blue adds a bit more light and colour to the site while the layout changes with the main body of the post being to the left hand side while the member is on the right hand side. However we think it looks better like this and already …

[ Full reading ]
October Schedule

Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:07 pm by Adam193

Saturday 9th - Round 15
Tuesday 12th - FA Cup Quarter Finals
Saturday 16th - Round 16
Tuesday 19th - FA Cup Semi Finals
Saturday 23rd - Round 17
Tuesday 26th - Round 18
Saturday 30th - FA Cup Final + Championship Play-off Final

At the end of the month everything will have been decided!

Good Luck!

The Rosters

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:11 am by Adam193

Rosters have been done on the host as it seems to be ok..... Ill keep watching the host and if it goes wrong ill do them as codes on the website

Just a Reminder!

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:50 pm by Adam193

Games are tomorrow 12pm and I only have 2 sheets in please get them in guys!

The Cup Games

Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:04 am by Adam193

Just to tell you that the cup games scheduled for tuesday night will be done wednesday night as I am going to Ipswich v Milwall on tuesday away and wont be back until about 1 and will be going straight to sleep with college in the morning so games will be done wednesday

Thanks!

Games this weekend

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:12 pm by Adam193

I have more time tomorrow night so im going to do games tomorrow night so ill give anyone who has not sent there sheet a little longer until 12 - midday tomorrow.

Thanks

Jags and Portsmouth

Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:33 pm by Adam193

Just to inform everyone I have had a chat with Jags and he decided he would stay on at Portsmouth.

Thanks

2 posters

F.A Cup Round 1 Draw

Deano30
    Deano30

Good Post! : 1

F.A Cup Round 1 Draw Empty F.A Cup Round 1 Draw

Post  Deano30 Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:41 pm

Hello and welcome to the first Cup draw of the season.

THE F.A CUP

F.A Cup Round 1 Draw Fa-cup

The Draw for the first round will be made tomorrow live on the chatbox at 9pm so make sure you are here to see who you get.

The Draw for the cup will be made into 4 groups containing 5 teams in each, with the top 2 of each group going through to the last 8. The draw will be completely random so you could be facing anyone. The draw will be made by 2 members of the site who are willing to help, then I will be naming the teams which are drawn then Adam will be naming the group that they are in.

An example for the draw is below.

Jamal: 16
    Dean: Man C
    Lewis: 3
    Adam: Group C

Group 1

Arsenal
    Everton
    Fulham
    Stoke
    Wigan

The top two from each group will progess into the final 8

The Teams Involved In The Draw

Arsenal
    Aston Villa
    Birmingham City
    Blackburn Rovers
    Bolton Wanderers
    Burnley
    Chelsea
    Everton
    Fulham
    Hull City
    Liverpool
    Manchester City
    Manchester United
    Portsmouth
    Stoke City
    Sunderland
    Tottenham Hotspur
    West Ham United
    Wigan Athletic
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Adam193
    Adam193
    Admin

F.A Cup Round 1 Draw Empty Re: F.A Cup Round 1 Draw

Post  Adam193 Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Group A

Arsenal
    Manchester United
    Blackburn
    Wolves
    Wigan

Group B

Tottenham
    Hull
    Manchester City
    Liverpool
    Bolton

Group C

Stoke
    West Ham
    Chelsea
    Birmingham
    Everton

Group D

Burnley
    Sunderland
    Aston Villa
    Portsmouth
    Fulham

Good Luck to all teams.

Fixtures announced in due course

Discuss the draw below....

Last edited by Adam193 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Deano30
    Deano30

Post  Deano30 Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:29 pm

F.A CUP
    Group A

Arsenal
    F.A Cup Round 1 Draw Arsenal%20FC%20logo

Name - Arsenal
    Nickname - The Gunners
    Formed - 1886
    F.A Cup Winners - 10 Times
    Manager - Kelsey Barkworth

Verdict On Arsenal

Arsenal will be one of the teams I expect to reach at least the semi finals of this cup. The manager is not known to many on this site so nobody knows what to expect from Arsenal this season. Looking through their squad they will be looking at there key players such as G_Clichy and E_Eboue at the heart of the defence. Arsenal have a very strong midfield so anyone going against them could be in trouble playing against C_Fabregas and S_Nasri. Arsenal have strong players in all aspects of the field and will be looking to add to there team. They have a strong strike force with the likes of R_Van_Persie and A_Arshavin. Kelsey will be hoping that they can bang in the goals for there team which will bring them success.

Manchester United
    F.A Cup Round 1 Draw Manchester_United_logo

Name - Manchester United
    Nickname - The Red Devils
    Formed - 1892
    F.A Cup Winners - 11
    Manager - Jason Fortune

Verdict On Manchester United

Looking at Manchester United's squad I would say that they should make the semi finals because looking at there squad it looks like it will overpower most of the other teams. They have a superb goalkeeper E_Van-Der-Sar who is the best keeper on the game. They have a very strong defence so breaking these down wont be an easy job they have solid defenders in the form of R_Ferdinand, P_Evra & N_Vidic. United also have a good midfield but there midfield will be there weak point I believe. They have some quality players with the likes of R_Giggs, M_Carrick & P_Scholes. United's strike force is one of the best in the league with W_Rooney and D_Berbatov leading the United front line. Defenders shall be worried when facing these two.

Blackburn Rovers
    F.A Cup Round 1 Draw Blackburn_Rovers

Name: Blackburn Rovers
    Nickname: Rovers
    Formed: 1875
    F.A Cup Winners: 6 Times
    Manager: Todd Fortune

Verdict On Blackburn Rovers

Blackburn have been put against a tough group here so they will be looking to pick up as many points as possible. In my view I cant see them getting through this group unless they cause a few upsets. Blackburn will look towards there main goalkeeper P_Robinson to stop the shots getting in and will hope his defenders can stop them to. There key defenders will be in the likes of R_Nelsen & C_Samba. Blackburn dont have a very strong defence, this could cause them problems when going up against better teams in the league and cup. There Midfield contains key players such as M_G-Pedersen & D_Dunn. Todd will be hoping his midfield can win the battle and create chances up the field aswell as making key tackles in the game. Blackburns main strike force consist of very few players, this could cause them problems in scoring goals unless Todd can bring in some new faces to the club. There main attacking force will be E-Hadji-Diouf. They will be hoping he can score a few goals in the upcoming season.

Wolverhampton Wanderers

F.A Cup Round 1 Draw Wolves_logo2

Name: Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nickname: Wolves
    Formed: 1877
    F.A Cup Winners: 4 Times
    Manager: Daniel Mason

Verdict On Wolverhampton Wanderers

Wolverhampton have been put in a tough group and like with Blackburn I dont give them much hope of making it out of this group. They will be looking to gain a few points from teams like Blackburn and Wigan but I dont give them any hope in beating Chelsea or Manchester United. Having a look at the team I can see them finishing 3rd in there group because I believe they have a much better team then Blackburn and Wigan and should be able to find points against them. They have a good young keeper W_Hennessey. The defence likewises with Blackburn is pretty weak and teams could find it really easy to score against them if not looked at and some new players need to be brought in to strengthen the defence. The midfield looks to be a strong one but not strong enough against the bigger teams. With the likes of N_Milijas and M_Kightly these two are ones to look out for. Wolves front line doesnt seem to offer much but teams should be aware of K_Doyle and S_Fletcher who could give defenders a scare.

Wigan Athletic

F.A Cup Round 1 Draw Wigan_Athletic-logo-9768D66726-seeklogo.com

Name: Wigan Athletic
    Nickname: The Latics
    Formed: 1932
    F.A Cup Winners: 0 - Best 6th Round
    Manager: Daniel Davies

Verdict On Wigan Athletic

Wigan have a descent squad but they have no chance of getting out of this group.C_Kirkland will be there main keeper and will be hoping that the defence with the likes of T_Bramble & M_Figueroa will be keeping the strikers out. I feel that the defence is too weak like many teams in this group. The midfield is not the best but it could cause some problems with players like P_Scharner & C_N'Zogbia. As for there strike force Daniel will need to bring in some new strikers with only having 3 strikers and 2 of them being poor, he wont be able to score many goals and could struggle in the season.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:04 am