Hello and Welcome to Be the Manager - The Premier ESMS play by email football game . You need to login to view the forums, if you are not a member please register

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and Welcome to Be the Manager - The Premier ESMS play by email football game . You need to login to view the forums, if you are not a member please register

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News

Latest topics

» Very Important Please Read
Round 1 Build Up EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:31 pm by Jamstar

» New Season
Round 1 Build Up EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 7:42 am by Adam193

» FA Cup Final Reports
Round 1 Build Up EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:41 am by lewney1

» Play Off Final Report
Round 1 Build Up EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:47 am by lewney1

» Round 18 Reports
Round 1 Build Up EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:47 am by Todd Fortune

» Round 18 Reports
Round 1 Build Up EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 5:34 am by lewney1

» Play Off Final Build Up
Round 1 Build Up EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:46 pm by Adam193

» FA Cup Final!
Round 1 Build Up EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:45 pm by Adam193

» Round 18 Build Up
Round 1 Build Up EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:43 am by Jamstar

Navigation

Very Important Please Read

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:52 pm by 1pswich

Over the past few day's and week, myself and Adam have been discussing the future of Be the Manager as a forum, last season we unfortunalty saw very low activity which of course was of huge dissapointment to those who have worked so hard to make Be the Manager a success, we saw low transfer market activites all round, and also low posting from the majority of members with a few minority working …

[ Full reading ]
New Season

Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:30 pm by Adam193

To start the new season off I would like to know which teams I am using for the season so if you just say if you want to stay on at your current club then post here saying you want to stay and if not then say so

I will update this when I get told

Adam King (Manchester City)
Jamal Claxton (Chelsea)
Kelsey Barkworth (Arsenal)
Derek Purvis (Tottenham)
Lewis Miller (Burnley)
Jason Fortune …

[ Full reading ]
Changes to Be the Manager

Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:21 pm by 1pswich

Changes to Be the Manager in FULL

- New skin (Background) The most obvious of the new changes and something which may take some time to get used to. The light blue adds a bit more light and colour to the site while the layout changes with the main body of the post being to the left hand side while the member is on the right hand side. However we think it looks better like this and already …

[ Full reading ]
October Schedule

Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:07 pm by Adam193

Saturday 9th - Round 15
Tuesday 12th - FA Cup Quarter Finals
Saturday 16th - Round 16
Tuesday 19th - FA Cup Semi Finals
Saturday 23rd - Round 17
Tuesday 26th - Round 18
Saturday 30th - FA Cup Final + Championship Play-off Final

At the end of the month everything will have been decided!

Good Luck!

The Rosters

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:11 am by Adam193

Rosters have been done on the host as it seems to be ok..... Ill keep watching the host and if it goes wrong ill do them as codes on the website

Just a Reminder!

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:50 pm by Adam193

Games are tomorrow 12pm and I only have 2 sheets in please get them in guys!

The Cup Games

Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:04 am by Adam193

Just to tell you that the cup games scheduled for tuesday night will be done wednesday night as I am going to Ipswich v Milwall on tuesday away and wont be back until about 1 and will be going straight to sleep with college in the morning so games will be done wednesday

Thanks!

Games this weekend

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:12 pm by Adam193

I have more time tomorrow night so im going to do games tomorrow night so ill give anyone who has not sent there sheet a little longer until 12 - midday tomorrow.

Thanks

Jags and Portsmouth

Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:33 pm by Adam193

Just to inform everyone I have had a chat with Jags and he decided he would stay on at Portsmouth.

Thanks

5 posters

Round 1 Build Up

Adam193
    Adam193
    Admin

Good Post! : 1

Round 1 Build Up Empty Round 1 Build Up

Post  Adam193 Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:14 am

BTM Premiership Season One

ROUND ONE PREVIEW

Here Are The Weekend Fixtures

Fulham v Manchester United
    Everton v Liverpool
    Arsenal v West Ham
    Tottenham v Aston Villa
    Chelsea v Manchester City

First Up:

Fulham vs Manchester United

Our first sees Fulham take on Manchester United at Craven Cottage in our first game of the season. Fulham manager Jake Pike who is new to these types of websites faces a tough game against Manchester United. Having looked at both teams I cannont see Fulham getting anything out of this, I feel that United's squad is too good for Fulham to handle and the result should prove this.

Prediction: Fulham 0 - 2 Manchester United

Everton vs Liverpool

Our second game of the day sees friends go head to head in the battle of Merseyside. Its a bit unusual having a derby first game of the season but the fans and players wont mind. Everton Manager Jamal Claxton has been busy adding talent to his squad whereas Liverpool manger Deano Hills hasnt done anything to his. This should be a good game and Liverpool have the better team on paper but I wouldnt bet on Everton not sneaking this one.

Precition: Everton 1 - 1 Liverpool

Arsenal vs West Ham United

Our third game of the day sees another derby this time in London where Asrenal host West Ham at the Emirates. This should be another great game to see. Arsenal Manager Kelsey Barkworth has been very active within the transfer market and brought in some players. West Ham Manager James Powley hasnt been very active and his squad looks the same as when it started. Having looked at both teams Arsenal are clear favourites for this one.

Prediction: Asrenal 3 - 1 West Ham United

Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa

Our fourth game of the day sees Tottenham host Aston Villa at White Hart Lane. Both sides will be wanting to get off to a good start and will be wanting to impress the manager. Aston Villa have recently had a change in manager after the departure of Luke Moss earlier in the week. Ash Barkworth has taken the role of manager. He will be hoping his new side can pick up the points in this game. Having looked at both sides Tottenham have a stronger side but Aston Villa wont let Tottenham run all over them.

Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 Aston Villa

Chelsea vs Manchester City

Our final game of the day sees two teams who will surely be battling it out for the title this season as Chelsea host Manchester City at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea Manager Will Schoolar will be hoping his side can take an early advantage in the title race. Having looked at both teams they are quite evenly matched but I believe Chelseas strike force and Manchester City's defence is what will cost them the game.

Prediction: Chelsea 2 - 1 Manchester City

REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR TEAMSHEETS TO ' Teamsheet '

DEADLINE: Saturday 17th July 7pm!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL MANAGERS!

Written by Deano as Milijas is away at the moment

Last edited by Adam193 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Round 1 Build Up Empty Re: Round 1 Build Up

Post  Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:12 pm

Nice hard game to start the season off nuttin better is there Evil or Very Mad
    anyways im not gonna do a huge build up but maybe this time dean will beat me Wink
    aint to bothered really im jsut on this game to enjoy it and hopefully stand a better chance in the cups than the league but anyways best of luck to everyone
    superbladeash
    superbladeash

Good Post! : 0

Post  superbladeash Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:52 pm

Away at Spurs for the 1st game of the season... I would like to start with a win but a Draw will do just fine!
    standupspeakup
    standupspeakup

Good Post! : 4

Post  standupspeakup Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:57 pm

A derby game to start it doesnt come any better its not the north london derby but no the less a big game, i hope to win and hopefully Kuyt and Van Persie will form the partnership to fear
    Deano30
    Deano30

Post  Deano30 Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:30 pm

Everton Vs Liverpool

Round 1 Build Up Gpark

Saturday sees Liverpool travel just across the road to face there Merseyside rivals Everton in which should be a thrilling encounter for the start of the season. New Liverpool Manager Deano Hills hasnt been at the club long but believes that his squad is strong enough to get into the top 4. Everton Manager Jamal Claxton has already started the banter so hopefully the result and our football will put him in his place and shut him up.

Prediction: Everton 1 - 2 Liverpool

Players To Watch Out For:

Round 1 Build Up Tim_cahill_633568255953593750

Cahill is a fantastic young player and we have to be aware of him, we cant let hom have time on the ball or he will punish us big time!

Round 1 Build Up Arteta_mikel_efc_profile_2006

Another player to watch out for is Mikel Arteta, he is also a great player and with him and Cahill side by side could cause teams alot of trouble in this league!

Round 1 Build Up 27508_news

Lastly there main threat Yakubu, he is a fantastic player with an eye for goal, our defenders need to be on top of there game if they are to keep up with him and not let him have any shots on goal.

Good Luck To All Managers
    Adam193
    Adam193
    Admin

Post  Adam193 Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Chelsea v Manchester City

Big game against Chelsea here as we look to start the season strong. This is a very hard start and I'm looking to try and get a good start but it will be a struggle as the Chelsea manager has a very good side and he is a very good manager. We will be looking to test our side and play our strongest side to ensure that we have the best chance of victory.

Round 1 Build Up Carlos-tevez-pic-getty-379230401

Round 1 Build Up Emmanuel-adebayor-4-300x2801

Round 1 Build Up Robinho1

These three will be key in scoring the goals for us this season and we will be looking for them to get off and running against Chelsea on Saturday!

Good Luck Will!
    1pswich
    1pswich

Good Post! : 3

Post  1pswich Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:38 am

Buildup by Deano added

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:29 pm